Tuesday, September 25, 2007

WEEK THREE NFL/WEEK FOUR NCAA

Few things surprise me more than NFC teams who weredominant a year ago, but are awful just a few weeks intoa new season.

I saw this Bears debacle coming a mile away, but I never saw the Saints being 0-3. They have no running game, their passing gameis attrocious and their defense is worse than we all thought. Both of these teamswill miss the playoffs.

The Bucs are making me look bad for saying they'd pick first next year, and it looks like its the St. Louis Rams who could be the ones picking first next season.

Why is it that the four o'clock games have been so much better thanthe one o'clock games so far? Most of the last second finishes have been at four.

I must admit I was way off on the Titans. Their offense has an identity, and their defense has been much better against the run.

Of the 3-0 teams, New England, Green Bay and Indianapolis will all hold their leads at the top of their respective divsions.

New England and Indy are obvious. I think Green Bay wins the division now because the NFC North isnt very strong.

Dallas looks great now, but something tells meit wont all be fine and dandy before the season is over. Wade Phillips's teams have a history of fading down the stretch.

Pittsburgh has been a bit of a surprise to me, but I think Cincy has played their worst football, and they will get better.

Onto the NCAA, where there really havent been a ton of surprises.

Notre Dame is still awful. They made Michigan State look GREAT on Saturday. Brian Hoyer didnt have his best game, but he still thrashed that Irish defense. Is this the yearmy Spartans FINALLY compete in the big 10??

Like it or not, Michigan is winning the Big 10. I know Ohio State fans dont believe it, and dont want to hear that, but this team played its worst ball at the beginning of the year. There's an old saying, its not how you start, but its how you finish.

Louisville is AWFUL. The loss to Kentucky is one thing, but how in the world did they lose to Syracuse? Thats just bad on so many levels. A friend of mine, Larry Glover who hosts a talkshow in Lexington told me he had a caller on his show tell him that if he (Larry)cant see that Louisville is an elite program, then he doesnt deserve to have his show. I think it was Brian Billick who said......thats why writers write, players play, and coaches coach. Larry knew what he was talking about, there is a reason he's got that show.

Say what you want about Michigan losing to Appalachian State and Oregon, I think Louisville losing toKentucky and Syracuse is worse.

Speaking of Kentucky, I like this Woodson kid more and more each week. If they knock of a big team in the SEC, then he's winning the heisman. If they knock off a team the caliber of LSU or Florida, he wins the Heisman. It may not even take that much.

Check out my buddy Joel Hammond's blog for my picks www.hammondbacon.blogspot.com. I'm 28-20 after three weeks.
Here are my early picks for week 4: Houston over Atlanta, Baltimore over Cleveland, Miami over Oakland, Detroit over Chicago, Jets over Buffalo, Minnesota over Green Bay, Dallas over St. Louis, Arizona over Pitt, Carolina over Tampa Bay, San Fran over Seattle, Indy over Denver, Chargers over KC, Philly over the Giants, Bengals over Patriots.

I'll add more later in the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home